Carpets are the source to add comfort, warmth and even sound proofing to your space. You are worried which type of carpets to install. It is important to know some basic information related to carpets for your different types of space before buying. It’s a fact that every area experiences a distinctive level of traffic and wear and is said to be the major investment for your home. There are many types of Carpets which are suitable for your bedrooms, secondary rooms, living rooms, dining rooms and halls. When you make your mind to purchase carpet for an area, must consider wear grading to choose best and right for your home. Another important thing to consider before buying carpets is the ply of a carpet which is important and will affect the carpets durability and performance.
Style of carpets available
There are experienced carpets suppliers who produced carpets in a variety of surface textures. These carpets are designed from different degrees of wear. Some of the styles are as follow,
- Twist carpets
- Loop carpets
- Velvet carpets
Twist carpets are hard-wearing and long-lasting textured carpets, loop carpet on the other hand looks like the natural flooring sisal and ideal for your busy areas like hallways and stairs. Whereas velvet carpets are smoother, softer and more luxurious carpet, whose dark and light shading creates a rich finish. These styles are favored by people and they love to install them especially at home.
Material used in carpets
Material has its own importance to produce carpets because the feel, look and quality of a carpets depends on the type of fiber material. Wool, polyester, polypropylene, nylon, sisal, jute and seagrass material is commonly used to produce the carpets.
- Carpets made from wool are beneficial as they offer warmth, are easy to clean, durable, reduce heat loss and noise, resistant to dust mites and bacteria growth.
- This material maintains the appearance.
- These wool carpets are made naturally flame-retardant and naturally hypoallergenic.
- These carpets are soft under foot.
- They are highly staining resistant
- They are bleach-cleanable
- These carpets are good value for money and good color fastness
- These carpets are soft under foot, Good color fastness and quick-drying.
- They are highly stain-resistant and easy to
Nylon fibers carpets
- This material is used to produce softest carpets.
- They have a special feature of strong, durable, highly stain-resistant and easy to clean.
Sisal, jute and seagrass carpets
- These carpets are naturally textured, Strong, softest of all the natural floor coverings
Underlay used in carpets
To choose the best underlay is also important to have durable and long-lasting carpets. Mostly rubber underlay is used in carpets which is divided into categories. They are Sponge underlay, Crumb underlay, and Crumb felt
Some of the benefits of choosing the best underlay are as follow,
- Better underlay helps reduce sound
- Chosen best underlay help keeps warmth and reduces energy costs
- Best underlay in carpets provides underfoot comfort to walk
- Chosen best underlay adds longevity to your