Many people realize late that they need to do something to lose weight, else it might harm their body. There is no need to panic if you are in the same situation. Handy suggests here a few simple lifestyle changes that you can follow to lose weight without much stress. The key to success is to have a strong determination and to follow through what you intend to do.
- Add fiber to all your meals – More the fiber, less is the weight gain – this is the mantra to lose weight quicker. Expert dieticians have suggested that if you are serious about losing weight, you should add food that contains fiber in your meal like vegetables, beans, fruits, and whole grains. You can also add oats for breakfast. Munch in fiber rich nuts and seeds as they are a healthy snack option.
- Cut down sugar intake – The worst enemy to a healthy body is sugar. Sugar acquired from sugary drinks, candy, soda, and baked goods are the primary reason for you to put on weight and also gives rise to heart diseases and diabetes. You can see the difference in your body once you cut down sugar. It’s very important to read nutrition labels on each packaged item before buying to learn about the sugar content in them.
- Start walking – Many of us believe that hitting the gym and doing some strenuous exercise would help us to lose weight. A simple step to burning calories and getting into shape is to start walking. Thirty minutes of walking every day proves to be quite beneficial in shedding that extra weight. The best part of this habit is that it can be done anywhere and anytime of the day.
- Quit aerated and sugar drinks – As discussed above, you should avoid drinks with added sugars in it. But what you may not know is that even the drinks meant to boost up your athletic performance may have ingredients that add up to your calories. Sport drinks, flavored water, juice, coffee beverages may cause you more harm than good if consumed too much.
- Make water your best friend – Studies show that those who don’t drink enough water have a tendency to have a higher body mass index (BMI) that further results in obesity. Keeping your body well hydrated keeps you healthy and also helps you to maintain a healthy weight. Make it a habit to drink water in between meals. This prevents you from munching unhealthy snacks and adding extra calories.
- Farewell to refined carbs – Commonly consumed food such as white flour, pasta and white bread are made of refined carbs. These include sugars and grains in which fiber and nutrients have been removed. These are bad for health and are the main cause for obesity as it gets digested quickly and you feel hungry sooner. It’s better to choose food with complex carbohydrates like oats, barley, wholegrain and veggies like carrot and potatoes. They make you feel full and keep a check on your weight.
Handy feels that bringing these simple changes in your lifestyle can help you a lot in reducing weight and maintaining a healthy mind and body.