A proper factory setting cannot function without Slide truck (รถยกรถสไลด์ ,which is the term in Thai). Forklifts make the job of lifting heavy loads from one point to another easy, doing more work, and reducing the cost of labor.
Below Are Some Facts To Know About The Machine
- Forklifts were introduced in the 1960s, but notable development of the forklift was seen in the mid-nineteenth century. During the First World war also, due to reduced labor force, lifts were manufactured to carry and move war equipment. This also transcended to World War II.
- Modern forklifts are powered by fuel or diesel(usually more difficult and costly to maintain though faster than electrical and battery-powered forklifts), electricity, battery(which is more popular as it does not emit harmful gasses and is cost-effective).
- Forklifts are mainly used in factory scenarios. However, there are outdoor forklifts that mostly run on gas or diesel.
- For easy identification, a tag is placed visibly to show the carriage capacity of various forklifts. You can find tow truck 24 hours (รถยก 24 ชั่วโมง ,which is the term n Thai) with carrying capacity of up to 50 tons.
- Forklifts bear a low risk of causing accidents in the workplace, but the injuries inflicted by forklifts are major. It is essential to study the manufacturer’s guide and maintain stipulated working procedures.
- Forklifts come in different sizes and types. Some of them are;
- Side loaders
- Pump trucks
- Reach trucks
- Counterbalance lifts
- Pallet lift trucks (powered)
- Three-wheeled counterbalance lifts
- To increase speed and cover more work before and at the stipulated timing, forklifts come with attachments. The common attachments are;
- Pole attachments.
- Fork positioner
- Roll and barrel clamps
- Multipurpose and carton Clamps.
- Telescopic forks
Forklifts over time have become needful machinery for every factory and occasionally for private use, replacing the need to hire so many laborers to move goods and also conserve time. Depending on the products being transferred, forklifts can also be used in place of a ladder.