Aprons are garments that are generally used for domestic chores. They act as a shield to your cloths and protect them from any kind of prospective stains. Chefs in restaurants and hotels wear chef aprons as a sign of cleanliness. Aprons have been in use since ancient times in different forms. They also act as a symbol of status. Aprons are used for varied purposes like gardening, cooking, painting, etc. It brings a sense of heroics in its wearer to complete the chores with utmost finesse. Aprons are made from different fabrics such as cotton, linen, muslin, etc.
Types of apron
- Tool apron: Every industry has certain set of dress codes. A work apron is a safety clothing that every worker should wear while on duty. Tool aprons are used by handyman and craftsman. They protect them from any immediate harm and also assist them in their work.
- Barista apron: These aprons are used in places like cafes. These aprons have pockets to store things. They are designed in a manner that is easy to wear and remove. They reflect the brand and cleanliness of the area.
- Chef apron: Chef aprons are used by chefs in hotels and restaurants. It covers the front of the body from chest to mid-thigh. They protect the cloth of the chef from stains that come in association with cooking and serving.
Materials used for making aprons
- Cotton: Cotton is one of the most common fabric material used for making apron. These aprons are used for chores like cooking, baking, etc. Cotton fabrics are not water resistant and hence, they are used while working with dry material.
- Nylon: This is another common fabric which is used in making apron. These aprons are best suited for work that involves liquid substances.
- Leather: Leather aprons gives longevity and durability. It is the best type of apron for people working with chemicals and heat.