There are plenty of reasons why Education is important to everyone. It helps people become better citizens and also improves and refines the speech of a person. Education shows the significance of hard work, at the same time helps a person to grow and develop. Education gives the technical skills needed for using technology. It gives you a brighter future.
When you are still a teenager, have you thought about where to pursue your education? Are you familiar with IGCSE? Below is some information that will make you familiarize yourself with it.
What is the IGCSE Program?
A two-year program, examinable by the Cambridge International Examinations (CIE). As of now, it is one of the well-known academic qualifications internationally. Especially for 14-16-year-old students. IGCSE is the short term for the International General Certificate of Secondary Education. It is an international examination curriculum. Usually adopted by most secondary schools in Singapore and all around the world. More international school students today are looking for IGCSE tuition in many subjects. These include Chemistry, English and literature, Physics, maths, and Chemistry.
IGCSE is equal to standard to the GCE ‘O’ levels. Taken by almost all the secondary school students in Singapore. IGCSE is taken at Grade 10 (Year 4), which is equal to Secondary 4 in Singapore’s national school system. Students may continue with the GCE ‘A’ levels. SAT, International Baccalaureate (IB) program, and other certifications.
What is the coverage of the IGCSE Curriculum:
The IGCSE curriculum is vast. Offering a different variety of academic routes to explore. This is beneficial for learners with a broad range of abilities. There are more than 70 subjects, which includes 30 languages. IGCSE develops understanding, knowledge, and skills in the following areas:
- Subject content
- Intellectual inquiry
- Application of understanding and knowledge to new and unfamiliar situations.
- Working and communicating in English
- Flexibility and responsiveness to change
- Cultural awareness
Below are some of the Schools/ Institutions in Singapore that offers IGCSE:
- Ascensia International School
- Anglo- Chinese School (International)
- Australian International School
- British Council, Singapore
- Dimensions International College Pte Ltd
- DPS International School Singapore
- Dulwich College (Singapore)
- EtonHouse International School
- Furen International School
- Gems World Academy (Singapore)
- GIG International School
- Global Indian International School Pte. Ltd
- Nexus International School (Singapore)
- NPS International School
- One world International School
- PSB Academy Pte Ltd
- SIM International Academy
- St Francis Methodist School
- St Joseph’s Institution International Ltd
- Tanglin Trust School
- The Grange Institution
IGCSE Tutors in Singapore
There’s a lot of agencies that offer tuition for IGCSE subjects. Normally on a one-to-one basis. Just by searching it online, many tuition agencies will appear. Screening all these choices might get stressful. You need to choose the right IGCSE home tutor for your children. The igcse tutors were mostly categorized in some tuition agencies. These are the Part-Time Tutors, Full-time Tutors, and MOE/ IB/ IGCSE School Teachers.
Thus, for looking at IGCSE home tutors, it is better to approach a respected agency. You just only to conduct your research to make sure that it’s the best tutor you’re choosing.